Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar, widely known as Little Master, Bharat Ratna, God of Cricket, ICC Hall of Fame and many more. But in this post, we will present to you a few facts, which will blow your minds. So, let’s jump straight into it.
- Sachin Tendulkar is widely regarded as the greatest batsman of all time. Did you know that he aspired to be a fast bowler?
- In his international career, Sachin Tendulkar has acquired every score from 0 to 100 except 58 and 75.
- In 1992, on the second day of the Durban Test, Tendulkar was the first international batter to be given out by a third-umpire after Jonty Rhodes’ throw caught him short of the crease.
- He was the youngest to score 1000 runs in Test cricket in 1992.
- In October 1995, Sachin became the richest cricketer when he signed a five-year contract worth Rs 31.5 crore with World Tel.
- Once In 1988, Sachin played as a substitute for Pakistan in a one-day practice match against India at the Brabourne Stadium.
- Sachin was given a bottle of champagne in Manchester in 1990 after he scored his first international century. However, because people under the age of 18 are not permitted to drink in the United Kingdom, he waited eight years and opened the bottle on his daughter Sara’s first birthday in 1998.
- Except for May 1st, Sachin Tendulkar has batted every day of the year (including 29 February).
- Only once in his whole Ranji Trophy career did Sachin Tendulkar get out for a duck, and guess who got him?
- During his career, Sachin Tendulkar was incorrectly given out at least 39 times. It’s worth noting that it’s at the very least. He must have handed out a lot more than this, believe me. Worst of all, this statistic is never recorded in the game’s records, and haters claim it is a part of the game. Instead of expressing his disappointment or anger, he always used to smile and get back to the pavilion.
There are lots of unusual stats of Sachin. I have listed a few of them here. Which one of these did you already know? Let me know in the comments.