Pictures are a way to communicate without words. We come across many pictures everyday while surfing through internet. Some of them make us laugh, some of them inspire us and at the same time, some of them makes us sad. In this article I’ll be showing you few photographs that are really saddening and it could make the whole world cry because of their solemnity. So hold yourself from breaking into tears as you scroll through the images.
1. Embracing couple in the rubble of a collapsed factory
2. This photograph created quite a stir on the humaneness of photographing community. The photographer committed suicide despite being awarded for this photo.
3. Thich Quang Duc, the Buddhist priest in Southern Vietnam , burns himself to death protesting the government’s torture policy against priests. Thich Quang Dug never made a sound or moved while he was burning.
4. Uganda (1980) -Photography done by Mike Wells, in April 1980, shows a child in the province of Karamoja, Uganda, holding hands with a missionary. The contrast between the two hands serves as a reminder of the chasm that separates developed and underdeveloped countries. The photograph remained unpublished for years.
5. The Falling Man – Photograph taken by Richard Drew, Associated Press photographer, showing a man falling from the North Tower of the World Trade Center in New York during the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. Five years after the attacks, the man was identified as Jonathan Briley, a 43-year-old employee of a restaurant installed in in the North Tower of the World Trade Center. However, officially, his identity has never been confirmed.
6. Crying student – Diego Frazão Torquato, 12 year old Brazilian playing the violin at his teacher’s funeral. The teacher had helped him escape poverty and violence through music.
7. Last Jew of Vinitsa. A soldier going to shoot a Jewish man kneeling before a mass grave of massacred Jews.
8. A Deceased Vietnamese Soldier Pictured Beside a Photograph of His Wife. In 1968, The Tet Offensive- a campaign launched by the Viet Cong and North Vietnamese Army- was responsible for some 14,000 deaths. But, like all wars, the fragility of combat brings loss to not only the soldiers but also their loved ones.
9. A Young Japanese Boy Standing at Attention After Bringing His Dead Brother to a Cremation Pyre. In the wake of the American bombings that reigned over Japan in 1945, photographer Joe O’ Donnell would spend the next seven months documenting the plights and casualties of the many thousands of citizens affected. Devastatingly, many sufferers of the atrocities were children, as this stark photograph of a brave boy carrying his baby brother to a cremation ground shows.
This last picture is the latest one in the list and the most saddening one.
10. Death is inevitable,but this picture of a 3 year old Syrian toddler Alan Kurdi lying dead at the beach in Turkey is heart wrenching and shook the whole world,throwing some light on refugee crisis in middle East. Alan Kurdi was one of those hundreds refugees who were trying to escape from Syria and planning to take shelter in Egypt.
Now there are some of us who will still say that all the events took place in the past and the world is a much better place to live now. But, I say no. Most of the photos were from the past but still the last one was really disturbing. Where are we heading to ? Are we humans or something else ? Figure that thing out yourself. Think deeply, at least for once and for yourself.
Copyright © Laughter Mania (Copying article is a Punishable Offence)
And with this I wind up this article and request you people to share this with your friends, relatives, teachers, colleagues and with everyone you know because if you liked it then they might also like the article and that’s what makes me grow. So help Laughter Mania in growing and sticking to its promise of Making You Laugh With A Twist.
If you want to shop different categories of products then you can shop while being on your favourite article website by visiting Laughter Mania Shop.
For watching funny videos you can visit Laughter Mania Videos.
Writer : Aditya Kumar Choubey
Social Handles :
Facebook –> Click Here
Twitter –> Click Here
Instagram–> Click Here