Hey readers what’s up ? As promised last week, I’m here with the second part of Interesting and Weird Interview Experiences. This story by Achint Setia will guide us why we should not do anything in hassle and give every answer with utmost patience. So let’s begin with the story as narrated by Achint Setia :
During our placements in Dec, 2013 at Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IITM), I was short-listed for interviews for Google as well as Microsoft. All interviews were scheduled in parallel. Placement office proposed us to sit for 3 rounds of Google and 3 rounds for MS in time duration starting from 12:00 midnight till 7:00 in the morning.
The following are the events happened that night in chronological order:
- 12:00– First Google Interview. I was really nervous.
- 12:50– Done with the first interview of Google and I was very happy and excited, because it went really well and the interviewer was awesome.
- 12:55 – I asked the placement volunteer about MS interview (not scheduled yet).
- 01:00 – Google HR asked me to scheduled another interview. I went for the second round.
- 01:50 – Done with the second round!! More happy and excited (another awesome interviewer and problem, went well).
- 01:55 – Again asked the placement volunteers about MS interview. This time MS HR scheduled an interview.
- 02:00 – First MS interview. The interviewer was really boring, sleepy, and asked me to solve a very easy problem.
- 02:30 – Done with MS interview. Despite of interview went well, I was not at all excited.
- 02:50 – Google HR asked me to schedule the third round interview. I went for the third round.
- 03:40 – Done with the third round of Google. I was very excited as all three rounds went well. ( I was hoping acceptance from Google).
- 03:45 – I saw 5 missed calls on my mobile phone that I left in my bag. I called the same number and found that the MS HR was on the other side. She asked me that where I was and she mentioned that they were looking for me for last half an hour. In excitement I told them that I was busy with the third round interview with Google, and later realised that we were not supposed to tell companies about other companies for which we were being interviewed. She called me for the second round interview.
- 04:00 – MS interviewer came and the first question he asked me about my interviews with Google. I hesitated to tell them about the same and became very nervous.
- 04:10 – Then, seeing my nervousness, he asked me to solve one simple problem. After he was satisfied with my solution, he told me that he was done with the interview.
Later, MicroSoft did not schedule my third round of interview. I was rejected 😀
Google interviews follow-up: Around 04:30 I went to my room, changed my dress. I was enjoying coffee with friends in institute cafeteria. At 06:00 Google HR called me for the fourth round of interview. I ran for the interview and tried my best to solve problems. I thought the interview went well, however later in the afternoon I realized that I messed up the code 🙁
I was rejected from Google as well.
Let me know in the comments section whether you found this story interesting or not ? If you found it good and worth taking a lesson then share it with your friends. Til then enjoy different articles on our website. I come up with a new story everyday. Stay tuned and enjoy !!
If you haven’t read Part One yet then click here
If you have your own story you can mail it to us at email@example.com or you can contact the writer at Aditya Kumar Choubey.
And for shopping exclusive and amazing products you can download the Flipkart App by Clicking Here.
For humorous contents visit Laughter Mania
For funny videos visit Chulbula Choubey